Matterport’s COVID-19 Guidelines and Requirements
To stay in line with COVID-19 guidelines and requirements per the CDC and NAR, the following requirements below will need to be met for each Matterport Capture Services’ request. If any of the following guidelines below are not met and the capture tech onsite is not comfortable proceeding, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied to the request, and a new request will need to be booked.
Before In-Person Scans
- Be familiar with state and local restrictions based on whether a property is vacant, owner-occupied, or tenant-occupied, and consider implementing different precautions for occupied properties versus vacant properties.
- Discuss with a property owner the precautions that will be taken when scanning their property and adhere to any specific requirements requested by sellers scanning the property.
- Request all parties onsite to self-disclose whether they have COVID-19 or exhibit any symptoms. However, note that COVID-19 is also spread by individuals who are asymptomatic.
- Be aware of any state or local restrictions on the number of people who may be present at the scan and discourage non-essential parties from attending the scan.
- Prepare the property in front of the Capture. Capture Techs are requested not to touch anything within the property. If you require any open cabinets, closets, or window coverings please do so ahead of the capture.
- For owner or tenant-occupied properties, request that the owner or tenant open all cabinets, closets, window coverings, and to turn on lights before leaving the property.
- For vacant properties, arrive early to open the front door, open all cabinets, closet, window coverings, and to turn on lights.
During In-Person Scans
- Speak with the Capture techs outside of the property or in a ventilated area while maintaining a distance of 6 feet or arrange to speak by phone or email.
- Adhere to social distancing recommendations and maintain a minimum of six feet of space between persons at all times.
- Avoid shaking hands with the capture tech.
- Require all persons entering a property to immediately wash their hands or to use hand sanitizer, remove footwear or wear booties, and wear a face mask or covering, and gloves.
- Do not share phones, pens, or tablets or other personal property during the scan.
Recommendations after the Matterport scan is completed
- We suggest wiping down any surfaces touched during the showing with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner, as requested by the seller, and suggest the seller also disinfect the property.
- We suggest wiping down the key and lockbox with a sanitizing wipe or disinfecting cleaner after use.
- We suggest using hand sanitizer upon returning to your vehicle.
- We suggest maintaining a log of interactions to enable contact tracing, to include names, dates, and locations of interactions, as well as a party’s contact information.